Low Light Pistol Class
Time & Location
About the Event
This is an 8 hour low light pistol training event focusing on function of the semiautomatic handgun, the fundamentals of marksmanship and the five most common handheld light techniques and the fundamentals of marksmanship as applicable to defensive shooting with the handhled light and rail mounted light. Instructors will conduct individual shooter assessment and diagnostic review during critical skills shooting and assessment. Shooters will progress through an established training methodology which guides them through acquiring a proper grip, presenting the firearm to the threat and accurately engaging multiple threats while conducting functional speed reloads, administrative reloads, clearing malfunctions in defensive positions. Shooters will incorporate unconventional shooting positions, tactics, footwork and shooting from behind cover, concealment, vehicles and movement drills.Shooters may utilize an outside the waistband (OWB) or inside the waistband (IWB) setups provided a quality kydex holster is used.
Each student will need to bring:
- 300 rounds of Ball Full Metal Jacket training ammo
- Semi-Automatic Pistol
- Quality Kydex Holster designed for your weapon (Belt rig, hip holster, IWB: Inside the Waistband or appendix are fine PROVIDED YOUR HOLSTER DOES NOT COLLAPSE IN YOUR WAISTBAND; these will not be allowed on the range)
- 3 magazines
- Quality magazine pouch for your magazines
- Quality belt to support your gear
- Hanheld Light
- Rail mounted light if owned
- Quality eye with side shields and hearing protection (If you wear RX lenses, you must have side shields or wrap around glasses over your RX lenses)
- Water, electrolytes, beverages (Whatever water you think you will need, please triple it)
- Snacks and a lunch (We will not leave the range for lunch, we will have a working lunch on the range)
- Chair and overhead cover (If anyone has pop up overhead protection I recommend you bring it)
- Dress appropriately, tee shirts or shirts without collars are recommended, no shorts, bring sunblock and a towel
- Bring your cell phone for video diagnostics and attendees are free to video throughout the course
Participation in training requires exercises and tests of physical agility, physical excursion, rapid heart rate, unconventional shooting positions in which the attendee assumes full responsibility for his/her own safety and improper weapons handling skills.
All attendees MUST acknowledge the Release of Liability Waiver and Safety Brief prior to paying.
All attendees MUST RSVP and prepay by using the event tool.
- Low Light Pistol Course$175+$14.44 Tax Rate+$4.74 Service fee$175+$14.44 Tax Rate+$4.74 Service fee0$0